Updates, plus snowman oroject

Oh brother! Getting my craft things organized is taking more effort than I originally thought. Oh well its ok, almost everything in the right room, now all I have to do is Organize it (haha). Sounds easier than it looks. But anyway I was working on these decoupage snowmen when I went to coat them with varnish they turned yellow, old varnish! So now I will have redo them.  I have some pics of them in progress just to show the idea. You need 2-3 Styrofoam balls for each snowman. I have one snowman with a large ball and a small ball, so he looks kinda fat, the other one is made with 3 same sized balls.  I tore white tissue paper into irregular shapes, but first I should mention that I cut off a portion of the ,bottom of the balls so they will stand straight up. simply take an old knife and hold the ball firm and slice carefully about  a 1/2 inch from the very bottom, after tearing the paper OI then adhered it to each ball with decoupage medium (mod podge or gel) I let them completely dry standing in paper cups Then took toothpicks and glue and inserted the tooth pick into each bottom ball, for taller snowman the second ball as well, the applied a little more glue to the picks an carefully while holding the pick placed the other ball)s) on it.  Let dry Now what's supposed to happen is you apply non yellow varnish to the snowmen and then coat with silver/white glitter, This is is where I made my mistake, so I have nofinished product as of now, But! will explain my vision.  take some black medium weight florist wire and to represent arms curl ends to look like hands and insert into snowmen where appropriate. Next add embellishments for eyes and mouth such as small beads. take s small square of orange craft foam for carrot nose and roll on the angle glue and trim.  For hat if desired  you might find ready made things, or crochet or knit one, or make them from black foam or construction paper. I will also be turning these into a mosaic piece at a later date. Thanks!



Comments

Popular Posts